The first picture has the components I used from B'sue Boutiques we have a silverplate cigarband ring and a silverplate flower. I used my hole punch and riveter from crafted findings #1000127 to punch a hole in the ring and in the head. The head is from http://www.wiresculpture.com/ and is a sterling silver snaptite 8mm. The cz comes from them as well. The rivet was placed into the ring from the finger side and a small amount of E-6000 glue placed between it and the flower component. I placed it back into the riveter with the head over the semi tubular rivet and compressed it. The second picture shows this completed.
If you don't get it just right the result will be as circled in this photo a loose prong. To fix this you push it to the stone with a prong pusher...I use half of a spring type clothes pin...it wont hurt the stone or prong if you slip. Alternately you can grasp the prong with precision needle nose pliers and move it sideways and toward the stone.
I liked the result so much I made three...a yellow sapphire,a blue tanzanite and a red cz. They will appear at http://www.oscarcrow.etsy.com/ later today.